Tuesday 4 March 2014

Wiola's March freebie post

Here's my card for the latest challenge. I have used the monthly Aurora freebie. Sign up for the news-letter at the East Wind and get your freebie too. 




I have made the background out of some newspaper sheets (and not ordinary paper) which I have painted with purple, silver, golden and white acrylic paint. I have done so before (here for example) and I like the result. The difference between painting on ordinary paper sheet and newspaper sheet is mostly the power of absorption. I also think you can get some really interesting and unique patterns by painting on cut-outs of newspaper/magazines, for example like the bigger circle to the right. Here's another example.



The crumbled golden circle comes from the sealing of a wine bottle.

One of my New Year's Resolutions was to do some more crafting out of recycled materials, so I try for once to keep up with one of my resolutions. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment