Monday 16 June 2014

New Release ~ Lucy Loo Morning Coffee


WooHoo! Bonnie here today. It's Monday morning and that means that there is a new TEW image released at The East Wind and featured on our Facebook page. This one is called Lucy Loo Morning Coffee and as soon as I saw her I knew I had to play with this image. Molly (my cat) and I love our morning coffee. Molly loves it because while I am sipping and waking up she gets lots of attention and cuddles. I love it because ...it's coffee! Mmmm...that first cup in my favourite mug.



I coloured Lucy Loo and her feline friend with Prismacolor pencils and fussy cut her leaving a narrow white border. She was then matted with a narrow black border for contrast and to tie the image in with the background colour. Foam tape was applied to the back of the image to create dimension and shadow.

The background is a simple piece of black cardstock scored and cut to create a center step card. There are many tutorials on how to create this simple fold. The one I used is here. The coffee papers were purchased from  Poppy Dreamz  and were sized and cut to fit the three upper sections of the card. They were also edged with Black Soot Distress ink.


The sentiment which comes from Create With TLC seemed tailor made for this image. I printed it on white cardstock, edged it with Black Soot Distress ink an mounted it on foam tape. Two coffee cup brads with cheesecloth :steam" were fastened to either side. The final touch was to add the letter beads beside Lucy Loo...Mmmm because that's the noise I make with my first sip :)

Thanks for visiting today. Be sure to check out our Facebook group for the creations using this image by some of my talented teamies. We'd love to see your creations with Lucy Loo Morning Coffee, too.

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. EEEK! Super cute, Bonnie! Love the center step and your coloring rocks! Fab detail with the bit of gauze used for steam out of the teeny cups on the front. sooo clever! xxD

    ReplyDelete