Monday 9 June 2014

Some more inspiration from Maureen

Hi there The East Wind fans! I hope the weather is improving wherever you are - I'm in not so sunny Scotland and the sunshine is so sporadic, I just wish we could have a few good days together! Not rain and cold one and hot and sunny the next!! hahaha 

Anyway, I have a few cards to show you today that I have created since my last Showroom post!

This first one uses the 'Lucy Loo Close Up' image coloured with my promarkers. The papers, candi and sentiment are Craftwork Cards and the flowers were die cut using the XCut Petal Posy dies. This card was for my friend Susanne's birthday a few weeks back, I'm hoping she liked it!

This next card was for the new release of Lucy Loo 'Lucy Longstocking' a few weeks ago. Again she is coloured with promarkers in very typical Maureen Halloween colours! I have tried not to make her too Halloweeny with a fun sentiment printed from my computer. The image is mounted on a Spellbinders Fluer de Lis square and the papers are from My Mind's Eye and Echo Park.

Aurora Gardening is the 'freebie' image for June if you are a subscriber to the newsletter at The East Wind. If you dont subscribe yet, pop over and do so - you wont regret it! Challenge #8 is an Embossing challenge and I have used a Cuttlebug embossing folder on the pearlescent card and a Joy Crafts banner die with embossing for the sentiment. As per usual, I have coloured her with promarkers and highlighted the edges with Dusty Concord Distress Ink.

This final project was a wall hanging for my daughter's friend's birthday. She was 7 yesterday and the cards her mum asked me to make were black/purple/gothy looking so I thought that my gift to her would match! I have used the Lucy Loo 'Braided Side' image and kept her skin pale and hair purple as is my favourite for Lucy! The papers are from Kaisercraft and the web corners are a Cheery Lynn die. Emma's name has been stamped using a set from Clarity Stamps and the whole thing covered in Sparkle Mod Podge.

I have several more projects to show you, maybe I'll try and get back before my next scheduled post on the 22nd! I hope you've enjoyed these, you can get more info on each of them from my blog here

Thanks for looking!
Mo xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment