Wednesday 11 February 2015

The Dark by Nightsparklies - Lost Parchment #9

The Dark by Nightsparklies - Lost Parchment #9
 
 There was no story last week as I lost one of my pets, but I am back now and I felt this portrait to be most fitting and soothing. I hope my words will convey my emotion.

 


Until it's gone
is what she told the dark
surrounding her posture and those ocean eyes
which she carried about like precious stones
knowing that the dark was waiting
in her shadow and the slight tremble of her step



Until it's gone
is what she told the mirror
stoically braiding her hair in the morning light
holding up to the silence and the night and the quiet
knowing that the dark was waiting
for her to shut her soul like an old wooden box


Until it's gone
is what she told herself
standing up to the whisper in her cold limbs
feeling the slow heat of the sun shining
knowing that the dark was waiting
in her shadow and the slight tremble of her step

4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Isabelle! sorry for ur lose, She will be in place where there is no pain anymore. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Isabelle, this brought tears to my eyes. So sad and beautiful. So hard to lose a cherished pet. My thoughts are with you. Gorgeous coloring, Unky. xxD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna! Sorry for not replying to your comment sooner. I feel a lot better now, and I will always have my memories of all my pets. :)

      Delete